We are now onto Part Two of Phase III of the Awkward Space Project. You know you are in deep when you have both “Parts” and “Phases” for a project. Phew, that was awkward just explaining that. This part is affectionately referred to as “The Bench.” So far, it is turning out beautifully. It still needs a final piece of trim, a few coats of white paint, and a comfy cushion and it will be ready for three tiny behinds. Here is the process and the progress we’ve made so far:
- Move the GIANT table out of the way while simultaneously shooing curious little people out from under foot.
- Measure the distant from the awkward half wall to the side-splitting counter top. Ours is 86 (ish) inches.
- Locate random (free!) 2 X 4’s sitting in the garage.
- Assemble the boards into a box.
- Attach it to the studs in the wall. It should look something like this. Make sure it is level.
- Add 3 legs equal distance apart for additional stability.
7. Add a top (the only thing we had to
purchase for this thrifty project!).
8. My favorite part, have someone (preferably an adult, or perhaps 3 tiny people will work) jump up and down on the bench to check for strength.
9. Add trim, a few coats of paint, and you are ready for some colorful cushions for tiny bottoms.
Stay tuned for Part 3 Phase III of the Awkward Space Project- The Search for the Perfect Table and Part 4 Phase III-The Great Reveal.
What projects did you work on this past Sunday?