Do you want to be the best friend, sister, mom ever? Need to stay in a budget? This list of awesome, mommy-to-be goodness will hit both counts. After having three babies of my own, I have years of experience weeding out what you need, and what is so not worth it. Pick any (or all) things from this list and your brilliance will be hailed for years to come. Here are my favorite “Must Have Gifts.”
Must Have Gifts for New Moms
1. Unfortunately I didn’t discover this one until little blessing #3 came along. She had a ridiculously tough time sleeping. I’m talking, up a zillion times a night kind of tough time. I tried to talk myself out of this, reasoning that by the third one, investing in new baby gear is a waste of money. However, I was at my wits end and this was recommended by a friend. For the price, it is a MUST! Mine has even been passed on to a friend for her third!
2. Now, unless you are an officially trained NICU nurse, you will NEVER be able to swaddle with the military precision these heroes of the hospitals do. So for us folks not nearly as gifted, SwaddleMe came up with this. My son loved it so much, he was sleeping through the night at 2 months. To this day, he is my best sleeper.
3. I love my Graco stroller, it is light and compact enough to lift into my truck, but with enough storage for my purse, diaper bag, and drinks. If you are into gadgets you can find a TON of strollers with all the bells and whistles, however I prefer to buy a solid stroller and save the rest for the college fund.
4. My SIL gave me the most amazing and useful book. It is worth every penny and does a great job of balancing affordable products without sacrificing safety and style. Can’t go wrong with Consumer Reports.
5. My final top 5 recommendation is especially for families with limited space. This space-saving high chair straps safely and securely onto your existing chairs. Tip: be sure (especially if you have wooden chairs) to place a placemat or similar (non-slippery, thin) item down to protect your chair. Especially if you strap that thing down with the same ninja-like strength and precision that I do.
Share the love with a new Momma today! Comment below with some of your faves.
This post may contain affiliate links. However, all reviews and opinions are 100% my own.